Friday, December 4, 2015

My graduation day - 30 Nov 2015

When I was younger, I did not manage to complete my tertiary education due to poor grades and lack of funds to study abroad. It was only after I have to nurture my own kids that I thought of attempting to further my education. Well, I failed in a couple of modules and retook my exams and passed. After a seemingly long journey, my graduation day, 30th November 2015 finally arrived.
I have my mother to thank for these shots of me on stage. It was just a simple ceremony..
I was very glad to have so many Guests-of-honour attending this ceremony with me. They are none other than my family members! :)
My sister & brother-in-law..
My parents, my wife and my three kids..
It was a very hot day and we were wise to stay indoors to do our photo-taking.
Of course, there was also some professional photographers to help us capture these special memories on this very special day.
I had to take the opportunity to show off my very special, limited edition SG50 Commando Logo watch as a lot of friends posted their watches on Facebook that day..
Photo Credit: My wife.
Other Guest-of-honour include an old friend of mine Dr Poh Lee Guan, who happened to be a guest of the school. I haven't seen him for quite a while and it was a great opportunity to catch up.
Photo with my daughter while my niece & mum photo-bombed us!
I had wanted to go to the UK for my graduation in June this year, but was not able to due to the arrival of my son. In a blink of an eye, he is already almost six months old. In the preparation for this day, I recalled something very important while having lunch with my family on this day..
30th November is the birthday of our eldest daughter..which occurs exactly one year from the date me & my wife got married!
30th November is also our wedding anniversary date!!
I would like to take this opportunity to specially thank my wife for taking care of the kids and home all these years. Of course, I would also like to thank the many important people around me; My parents, my siblings, the rest of my extended family and friends for being with me along this journey! Thank you!
30th November is a very special day(I signed up to become a member of the university's alumni on this day too)!..I better save it in my calendar. :p

No comments:

Post a Comment