Thursday, January 22, 2009

Travel to Luang Prabang, Laos PDR (Part 9)

The next morning, my sister was not going to wake up anytime soon and I decided to explore the city on foot with Aey. Getting sick of temples,we decided to open our eyes to other adventures..
How about going onto the uncompleted bridge? :)


Just Do It! Altough there was a guy wanting to bring us across by boat,we took the risk on the flimsy bamboo,uncompleted bridge.

We had always viewed the rows and rows of vegetable from across the river..but now I can finally touch them..It calls for a smoking celebration!


After crossing through the farm,we climbed up a very steep slope and discovered a paradise of sorts..It looked like some kind of resort under the shades of bamboo(I mean real bamboo plants) and part of it was still under construction..the bamboo huts etc..but this place is in the perfect setting,shaded and in cool weather,overlooking the other side of the bank(where we came from)..




Oh..so it is a restaurant! Name of it: Dyen Sabai..well,we were hungry..so time to order our breakfast/lunch.I order apple fruit shake, fresh vegetables,fried rice and my friend ordered his favourite fried egg with minced pork..but we were surprised the egg was below the rice.It was quite creative! See the pic below.


I went back and got my sister to the same place again..I guess she was really happy about this place too..It was already like 3pm..but guess what she ordered for her past-lunchtime' kind of lunch?


Well..life is always full of ironies..American breakfast and mango crepe'..while she is slowly taking her time to eat,my friend and myself being too full or too tired made ourselves feel at home..

On our way back,we managed to snap a few pictures of monks building the bridge and kids playing around it. Life here is simple,but they have their fun too!





1 comment:

  1. Wow, Wonderful blog.Go here to make traveling easier and cheaper goconil.com

    ReplyDelete