Sunday, December 14, 2008

1st time i tried Dog Meat!




Dear readers,

I shall share with you the struggle i went through to try my 1st attempt to eat Dog Meat yesterday..Not Hotdogs mind you..its real dog meat. I mean where do you find dog(s) meat dishes in Singapore?? I was invited by my friend,who is a chef from China.




When I told my friends I am going to try it, i got a range of mixed reactions.."be careful dogs will bite you!" I mean please,i was bitten by a small dog before..even when i did not eat Dog's Meat! Some say its very cruel..I mean u eat Chicken, Mutton, Pork not cruel right? Are these made from flour?

Despite my logic,I did hesitate a bit because I do accord a special status to dogs. In the end,after beers + whiskey+ brandy..it taste just like a mix between mutton+chicken and maybe pork too!

The soup was very good..

2 comments:

  1. Arrrgh! I don't think I will be courageous enough to try!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In dog meat eating countries like China, Korea and Vietnam, there's a differentiation between dogs that are kept for meat and dogs that are kept as pets or watchdogs.

    Just like a farmer won't eat his ox who ploughs the field for him, but can still eat beef of cattle reared for meat. But of course, for sentimental reasons, farmers who use oxen in their fields are less likely to want to eat beef, just as folks who keep pet dogs or watchdogs will find the idea of eating dog meat unpalatable or even unacceptable.

    ReplyDelete