Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Travel to Luang Prabang, Laos PDR (Part 1)


Ever heard of a place named Luang Prabang in Laos PDR(People's Democratic Republic)?

For the past 2 years, I have always wanted to visit Laos,but always procrastinated as I had always imagined it to be a more 'difficult' destination compared with Bangkok.


I know I did not want to wait anymore..by hook or by crook,even if I had to go alone,I made Luang Prabang one of my destination for my December 2008 holidays.



The arrangement was pretty challenging and I would like to thank my friends who had been there before for their advice and the forums that I did my research on before my trip.

My route of advancement was finalised as such: Fly to Bangkok, then fly to Luang Prabang,then fly down to Vientiane,then 'bus' into Nong Khai(north eastern Thailand) and 'train' down to Bangkok before flying back to Singapore.



My travelling partners for my Laos trip includes a friend from Thailand and one from Singapore plus my sister,they accepted my invitation at quite the last minute, but I guess we were all quite pleased we managed to pull everything together and we enjoyed the trip very much.

Allow me to share my trip with all of you over the next few days and please feel free to comment and ask any questions along the way. At the end of the whole series,I will put up a slideshow(special thanks to www.phlook.com for teaching me how to do that) for the series. Now sit back and enjoy the journey..while I try to be your travel guide :)



There are not many ways to get to Luang Prabang that I know of,only by air or by road..I chose to fly in. I guess the airport can only take small propeller aircrafts,I did not see any jet engine aircafts there. Today's post shall have to stop at my arrival at Luang Prabang Airport(got to go work)..I will carry on later,so please stay tuned. Thank you.

3 comments: