Saturday, January 17, 2009

Travel to Luang Prabang, Laos PDR (Part 8)

We arrived back to Luang Prabang City at the onset of nightfall and walked the night market as usual. At the other end of the night market,we found some sandwich stalls. Enticed by the wide variety of ingredients,we decided to try..half a sandwich each. Its like a generic version of Subway.Ingredients includes pork floss,ham,chicken and egg strips,lots of vegetables and mayonaise.

After that,we managed to get directions from a local to a back alley. To our surprise,the back alley sells all kinds of food at a not so inflated pricing. Our particular interest is the roast chicken. They have roast fish too,but I guess roast chicken should go better with beer.

Eating it hot on a cold night should bring you long lasting memories :)
Unfortunately,our memories were eroded some what by the amount of beer we consumed in celebration of the destinations we visited earlier in the day.

We got pretty drunk..but my friend Aey managed to grab my camera and took the following shot..

Of course,the next day,he could not remember he took photo of this girl..luckily,my non-drinking sister was able to vouch for me :)
For me,I could not really remember how I could walk back to our guest house..If I did not remember wrongly,I bought some more beer at the guest house(because there were no TV!)..but I fell asleep before I could finish half of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment